Creative Movers Morning Program Policies
The Dance Conservatory of Charleston adheres to the following policies. Please review prior to registration.
AGREEMENT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- All class registrations are for the 2024/2025 school year, September-May
- Registration in the Creative Movers Morning Program is a full year program and is not eligible for withdrawal. Exceptions include moving greater than 25 miles.
- Our yearly registration fee of $150/Student is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
- First installment payment is due July 1st along with the supply fee of $100. Subsequent payments will process on the first of the month September - May.
- If special payment arrangements are required, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We offer a 5% discount at the time of registration for full payment for the year and a 10% sibling discount.
- DCC requires a credit card on file at the time of registration. Credit cards are the ONLY payment method accepted. The credit card on file will be used for processing registration, tuition, and performance fees if applicable. No additional credit card fees applied.
- For security reasons, DCC does not accept payments at the studio. All payments must be made online through automatic payment processing.
- DCC will process your registration (or tuition installment when applicable), within two business days with the credit card on file.
- DCC will notify the account holder of unsuccessful payment attempts and a Late Payment Fee of $15 will be applied to the accounts in arrears ten days after the due date.
- Once the student’s registration is confirmed, Client is financially responsible for the tuition regardless of student attendance. Registration is completed and confirmed upon payment.
Liability Release. Client understands that there are risks of physical injury associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activity of dance. In recognition of this acknowledged risk of injury, Client knowingly and voluntarily waives all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Dance Conservatory of Charleston, its officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as “DCC”).
Client hereby agrees to release DCC and hold DCC harmless of all liability, and hereby acknowledge that Client knowingly and voluntarily assumes full responsibility for all risks of physical injury arising out of active participation in dance on behalf of the participant. Client and student are aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of a voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury. Client has signed this document voluntarily and freely in exchange for the privilege of participation.
Tuition. Tuition refers to payment for the Morning Program. Tuition for each Program is outlined in DCC’s website and Client acknowledges they have reviewed a copy of such. Tuition for the school year shall be billed at Client’s preference of a (1) One-time payment in full for the school year at a 5% discounted rate, or (2) Installment payments beginning in July, then monthly September-May.
Payments. Clients agree to automatic payment processing at the time of registration. DCC requires a credit card to remain on file and is provided at the time of registration. This credit card will be used for processing tuition payments and tuition installment payments when applicable. There are no additional credit card usage fees. DCC is unable to accept other forms of payment and payments are not accepted at the studio. Should Client dispute a valid charge through a financial institution, this will constitute a breach of contract and may result in, but not be limited to, penalties, additional fees, collection, legal action, and/or termination of any and/or all current and future services. A late fee of $15.00 will be assessed ten (10) days after each payment becomes due. Client will be responsible for providing new credit card information if there are any changes to avoid any late fees.
Medical Withdrawal. Client is responsible for payments for all classes that student is enrolled in, even if absent. Students with extended injuries will be authorized to withdraw from a Program and for tuition to be prorated as of the date of receipt of a medical professional’s written opinion indicating that the student is unable to participate in class for a period lasting longer than 8 weeks.
Yearly Enrollment. Upon registration, students are enrolled for the school year, both fall and spring semesters and are not eligible for withdrawal between semesters.
Make-Up Classes. DCC does not prorate tuition or offer refunds due to missed classes. Students may take make-up classes offered by DCC (Beginner Ballet and Tap) by attending other available classes throughout the semester in which classes were missed.
Health and Safety Protocols and Guidelines. DCC’s current health and safety protocols and guidelines follow the CDC, SCDHEC, and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations. All protocols and guidelines, including mask mandates, are subject to change as deemed necessary throughout the year and are not grounds for enrollment changes within that semester.
Studio Closures. In the event the whole studio is closed and in person classes are not available, we will make every effort to offer a makeup option. Tuition is still due in full.
Insurance and Indemnification. Client hereby expressly waives and discharges all claims and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DCC from any injuries incurred during classes, rehearsals, or performances. Client also understands that the registration, tuition, and other applicable fees must be paid and that Client will be held responsible for all fees if student withdraws from participation after the withdrawal period. DCC does not carry medical insurance for its students. All students are required to be covered by their own insurance policies. If injury occurs, it is understood that the student’s own policy is Client’s only source of reimbursement.
Image Release. Client gives DCC permission to use student’s picture in or on any form of advertisement for DCC or a DCC affiliated event.
Attorneys’ Fees. In the event of legal actions, DCC shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable costs and necessary disbursements and attorneys' fees incurred in enforcing this Agreement.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement, along with DCC’s Program guide, contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no representations, inducements or other provisions other than those expressed herein. All changes, additions or deletions to this Agreement shall be in writing and executed by the authorized representatives of both parties.
Governing Law. This Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina.