School Policies 2018-2019
The Dance Conservatory of Charleston adheres to the following policies. Please review prior to registration.
Release and Medical Authorization
Please read the following carefully. Your child will not be permitted to attend classes, under any circumstances, until the following Release has been signed by you and is received by the Dance Conservatory of Charleston. Please contact our office for this form.
“I am aware that ballet dancing and the gymnastic exercises associated with this discipline place unusual, awkward and sometimes serious stress and strain on the body and that such exercises are potentially dangerous, carrying with them the risk of serious physical injury. On behalf of my child, I specifically remise, release and forever discharge Dance Conservatory of Charleston, its shareholders, board of directors, officers, employees, agents and volunteers from all known and unknown causes of action, claims, demands, damages and costs that are in any way related to injuries sustained by my child or loss or damage to property occurring during my child’s attendance at Dance Conservatory of Charleston or any of the Dance Conservatory of Charleston’s related activities. I expressly authorize Dance Conservatory of Charleston, in the sole discretion of Dance Conservatory of Charleston, to treat my child for minor injuries and, in the event that I may not be reached, to authorize treatment for emergency medical care. Furthermore, I authorize and give express consent to Dance Conservatory of Charleston to engage in any communication pertaining to any injury, illness, or emotional distress that affects my child’s ability to train and perform at Dance Conservatory of Charleston or any Dance Conservatory of Charleston related activities.”
General Class and Payment Policies:
- All prospective students of any age are welcome to drop in for a complimentary class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Our yearly registration fee of $25/Student or $30/Family is due at the time of your first payment.
- A 1.5% credit card processing fee will be applied to transactions made on Danceworks. Other payment options are cash or check.
- We offer a 10% sibling discount and a 5% discount for paying in full for both semesters.
- Exceptions to tuition commitment are injuries involving no activity lasting greater than 8 weeks with Dr note or moving more than 30 miles away. Injured dancers level 3 and up are expected to continue to attend classes and observe/take notes.
- Make up classes may be made during the semester at a similar or lower level than the student is currently enrolled in.
Tuition/Payment Options – (ALL Levels except Adult Ballet and PrePro)
- All classes must register by semester. -Fall semester is August 27- January 19 and Spring semester is January 21 - June 1. Payment may be made in full or split into 5 monthly payments per semester.
- The only exception is PrePro. Registration for Pre Pro is for both semesters.
- The first week of classes students may withdraw from the program or make any necessary changes to their schedule without penalty. Please submit all such requests by email to email@example.com
- After the first week of classes, all enrolled students are committed to pay the semester in full regardless of classes attended.
- For all enrollments, tuition fees may be paid prior to the beginning of the school year (for full year for a 5% discount), via monthly installments drafted automatically on the first day of each month, or by cash or check due the 1st of the month.
- A late fee of $15 will apply to payments not received by the 10th of the month. Check returned fees will be passed along to the client. Students with unpaid tuition will not be allowed to take classes after the 10th until their account is rectified or other arrangements have been made with Lindy.
- Students enrolled in the fall semester will automatically be enrolled in spring semester unless they notify the school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21st.
- Full tuition is due regardless of classes attended.
Tuition/Payment – Summer
- Tuition for all Once Upon a Time Camps and Beginner Intensives are non-refundable, and cannot be applied to a future session.
- Payment in full for the above-mentioned programs is due in full at the time of registration.
- For the Intermediate and Advanced Summer Intensive, non-refundable payment for half tuition is due at the time of registration, and the remainder the Saturday before the program begins.
- Performance fees are non-refundable after the first rehearsal
- No more than 2 absences per piece are permitted out of respect for the piece and the other dancers. Dancers who miss more than two rehearsals may be replaced in their parts if necessary.
- Performance fees may be split into payments
- Nutcracker and Spring Show registration due at sign up.
- Students and Parents are expected to behave appropriately at all times. This includes: no talking during class, no inappropriate talk in the dressing rooms, lobby or parking lot.
- Students and parents are expected to treat fellow students, parents, and teachers with kindness and respect. DCC maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding bullying of all forms.
- Social Media etiquette is expected from both students and parents. Questions, comments, concerns should be brought up with Lindy, not on social media, or immediate dismissal from the school will occur.
- Personal items should be locked up or brought into the studio. DCC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If a student is late they should wait at the door of the studio until the teacher invites them in. If too much time has lapsed, the teacher may ask them to observe the rest of class.
- Please call or email the school if your child will be absent.