School Policies 2021-2022
The Dance Conservatory of Charleston adheres to the following policies. Please review prior to registration.
AGREEMENT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- All prospective students of any age are welcome to drop in for a complimentary class. Please email in advance firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- All classes must register by semester with exception of the Pre-Pro Program which requires registration for both fall and spring semester.
- Our yearly registration fee of $35/Family is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
- Semester tuition is due in full at time of registration and is non-refundable.
- If registering for 2+ classes/week per student an installment payment option is available.
- If enrolling in 1 class/week per student and special payment arrangements are required, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We offer a 5% discount for full payment for the year (Fall and Spring Semesters together) and a 10% sibling discount.
- Students enrolled in the fall semester will automatically be enrolled in the Spring semester unless they submit the Spring Semester Enrollment Change Request form found on the DCC Parent Page prior to December 15. Please note: Enrollment changes by email, phone, or text will not be accepted.
- Make up classes may be made during the semester at the same or lower level than the student’s current enrollment.
- Once the student’s registration is confirmed, Client is financially responsible for the semester tuition regardless of student attendance. Registration is completed and confirmed upon payment.
- All payments are processed through Blackbaud Tuition Management (formerly Smart Tuition). Blackbaud Tuition Management will automatically debit your credit card, checking account or savings account for payment. Payments are not accepted at the studio.
- Payment may be made with either automatic processing of a credit card with a 2.85% fee or by ACH payment with a checking or savings account free of charge.
- Payments made 10 days after the due date are subject to a $15 late payment fee.
Liability Release. Client understands that there are risks of physical injury associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activity of dance. In recognition of this acknowledged risk of injury, Client knowingly and voluntarily waives all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Dance Conservatory of Charleston, its officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as “DCC”).
Client hereby agrees to release DCC and hold DCC harmless of all liability, and hereby acknowledge that Client knowingly and voluntarily assumes full responsibility for all risks of physical injury arising out of active participation in dance on behalf of the participant. Client and student are aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of a voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury. Client has signed this document voluntarily and freely in exchange for the privilege of participation.
Tuition. Tuition refers to payment for the Fall, Spring and Summer Programs, as well as the Pre-Professional yearly Program. Tuition for each Program is outlined in DCC’s yearly Program circular of information and Client acknowledges they have received a copy of such. Fall tuition may be modified for Spring on December 15th of each year. Tuition for the Fall and Spring Programs shall be billed at Client’s preference of either: a (1) One-time payment in full, or (2) if Client enrolls each student in more than one class/week, Client may make payment in a series of five (5) equal installment payments commencing on the date of enrollment. These billing methods shall be subject to the following two exceptions: (1) Tuition for all Summer Camps, Programs and Intensives must be paid in-full upon registration and is non-refundable; (2) Registrations for 3 or more weeks in the intermediate/advanced Summer Intensive Program requires a 50% non-refundable deposit at registration, and the remaining balance is due June 1st.
Payments. Clients have the option to pay tuition with either automatic processing of a credit card with a 2.85% fee or by ACH payment with a checking or savings account free of charge. Payments will be processed by Smart Tuition Management. Smart Tuition Management will automatically debit your credit card, checking account, or savings account on a monthly basis. Enrollment in the Smart Tuition Management system is mandatory for each family. We will no longer accept payments at the studio. Should Client dispute a valid charge through a financial institution, this will constitute a breach of contract and may result in, but not be limited to, penalties, additional fees, collection, legal action, and/or termination of any and/or all current and future services. A late fee of $15.00 will be assessed ten (10) days after each payment becomes due. Client will be responsible for providing new credit card information if there are any changes to avoid any late fees. In the event that your payment fails, a $30.00 bank fee will be posted to your account.
Withdrawal. Client is responsible for payments for all classes that student is enrolled in, even if absent. Students with extended injuries will be authorized to withdraw from a Program and for tuition to be prorated as of the date of receipt of a medical professional’s written opinion indicating that the student is unable to participate in class for a period lasting longer than 8 weeks.
Automatic Enrollment. Students from the Fall Program will be automatically enrolled into the Spring Program for the subsequent season. If Student intends NOT to participate in the subsequent Spring Program, Student must notify DCC by completing the Spring Semester Enrollment Change Request form found on the DCC Parent Page prior to December 15. Enrollment changes by email, phone or text are not accepted. The Pre-Professional Program requires a commitment of both fall and spring semesters and cannot be dropped after fall semester.
Make-Up Classes. DCC does not prorate tuition or offer refunds due to missed classes. Students are authorized and encouraged to make-up classes by attending other available classes throughout the semester in which classes were missed.
Health and Safety Protocols and Guidelines. DCC’s current health and safety protocols and guidelines follow the CDC, SCDHEC, and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations. All protocols and guidelines, including mask mandates, are subject to change as deemed necessary throughout the year and are not grounds for enrollment changes within that semester.
Studio Closures. In the event the whole studio is closed and in person classes are not available, students will be offered virtual classes when deemed safe as in weather or health related closures. Tuition is still due in full.
Insurance and Indemnification. Client hereby expressly waives and discharges all claims and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless DCC from any injuries incurred during classes, rehearsals, or performances. Client also understands that the registration, tuition, and other applicable fees must be paid and that Client will be held responsible for all fees if student withdraws from participation after the withdrawal period. DCC does not carry medical insurance for its students. All students are required to be covered by their own insurance policies. If injury occurs, it is understood that the student’s own policy is Client’s only source of reimbursement.
Image Release. Client gives DCC permission to use student’s picture in or on any form of advertisement for DCC or a DCC affiliated event.
Attorneys’ Fees. In the event of legal actions, DCC shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable costs and necessary disbursements and attorneys' fees incurred in enforcing this Agreement.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement, along with DCC’s Program guide, contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no representations, inducements or other provisions other than those expressed herein. All changes, additions or deletions to this Agreement shall be in writing and executed by the authorized representatives of both parties.
Governing Law. This Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina.